Total Pageviews

Sunday 16 January 2011

Update 16/01

Okay so I know I have not done an update in a while, I have just been so busy. And well there hasn’t been a lot on TV; everything is starting up over the next couple of weeks after a break over the holidays.
Okay so first of all we have the awesome three part series ITV1 showed over Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday called Above Suspicion: Okay so I have completely forgotten what happened in the last series as they just seem to be dotted about all over the place.
Silent Witness was also back on our screens last week, with there usually two part special over the Monday and Tuesday nights, I have to say that the episodes I have seen so far are nowhere near as good as last series but maybe it will get better, I will hang in there for another week or so and then give up if it gets no better.
Zen, is also a new BBC 1 drama and I watched the entire first episode but more out of boredom than anything else as it wasn’t as good as I thought it would be, actually from what I remember (I was tired) it was sending me to sleep. I will see the next episode but after that I will probably give up, I don’t see it getting any better.
Then we of course have the daily programmes that I have become addicted to, One Tree Hill is now on its 3 season, with episodes ten to fifteenish showing this week. Life Unexpected season 1 is being reshown in the afternoons on E4, and if you have not yet discovered this awesome show, I suggest you find out about it soon, it started on Monday. It is about a girl who after being in the system for most of her life goes in search of her birth parents and to get emancipated and live outside of the system with her best friend and their boyfriends, not everything goes to plan and she eventually gets to know her birth parents well, and decide that maybe getting emancipated would not be the best idea. I am desperate for this to coma back to the UK and they do say on the page that it will be back in January- but when E4? When? Your killing me? Hopefully because they have an overlap episode with One Tree Hill, that will also be back in Januray although I doubt it as we usually have One Tree Hill in the summer/ September, but maybe they will change their minds.
Gilmore Girls is showing still and if you have yet to discover my running commentary I have been doing as I watch it again, check it out here.
And then of course we have Everwood, my newfound obsession. It is one of those epic family dramas the WB put together before they got taken over, it is up there with Gilmore Girls on my list I have today. Because this is such a little known thing and kind of a cult thing really, I know this because of the many sites out there dedicated to it. Everwood is a small town, to which Dr Brown moves his son and Daughter to after the tragic accident killing their mother. Dr Brown, a well-known surgeon from New York is known as pone of the best in the business and everyone is a little surprised when he sets up his own small surgery and offers his help free. This, as it would in any town, earns him many friends and a few enemies, namely the other family doctor already in town, Dr Abbot. What Dr Abbot didn’t know was that his family is not in support of his frustration, especially his daughter whose boyfriend has been stuck in a coma for several months, she sees Dr Brown as a hope for Colin’s recovery.
90210 started last week and I have to say that this season looks so much better than the rest, and yes I say that slightly because I have always wanted to see Annie and Liam together. Though the rest of the cast seem to be a little boring right now but I know from looking at the previews there is a lot more drama to come. Yes you have been warned. I can’t wait to see what they do with everyone!
Make it or Break it is still going on on E4 Saturdays at 4pm, and I have to say that I think this programme just keeps getting better and better. I love how even through all of it they still manage to rely on each other. This is coming back to the US in the spring but they haven’t announced whether they are renewing it.
On the talk of programmes being renewed Pretty Little Liars is being picked up for a second season. The second half of the first season has yet to be shown in the UK but went back on air on Jan 3 in US. Abc Family has also announced they are renewing The Secret Life, but seeing as I have yet to start this series I don’t know whether I care yet. ABC has also said they may renew Desperate Housewives and they are “not sure” about Brothers and Sisters.
On the note of Desperate Housewives, I am now desperate for it to come back but no news yet.
With all the new shows knocking around right now I almost forgot to talk about Gossip Girl and Vampire Diaries.  ITV2 still haven’t announced any dates for TVD but GG returns to our screens on the 2nd of feb.
Now we have one of the most important bits of this week, it was Glee of course! And can I just say – How awesome is season 2? I have been watching promos and clips for weeks but I have to say they really did exceed my expectations in this episode- it was great episode, although I can see Rachel getting on my nerves very very quickly. The new “transfer” student has the most amazing voice although that is to be expected; she was “discovered” by Oprah.  I have as always downloaded all the songs already and have been singing along since. Glee was the most watched digital TV last night pulling in 2 million viewers.
And then we have Tuesday night with 90210- It’s so sad to see Naomi falling apart like she is. I think that this season is going to get better and better, so I will be tuning in every week, make sure you are too.
Okay so I think I have covered everything but if I think of anything I missed I will add it on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always please comment, suggest, ask...