Total Pageviews

Wednesday 6 October 2010

Vampire diaries episode 1 overview

!!!!!(Spoilers)!!!!!

Okay so I have watched the episode from last night and OMG it was so good. I cannot believe they managed to get any better than last season but they did it. So here are a few thoughts:
1)      Nina was amazing, it must be quite confusing to be two characters which look the same and one is trying to act like the other half the time. But she did an amazing job. Here I would just like to say that things are going to get very interesting now with Catherine running around killing people of and ripping the others hearts out. Love it!
2)      Damon and Stefan- now I loved these both in the last season but they have both got ten times better especially Stefan who seemed to be relying on his looks a little too much for my likes but now he is actually acting and I love him. Then there is Damon, in this episode I think his character grew more than I would have ever expected him to do. I loved him particularly at the start of this episode where he was being a bit sarcastic and funny. His performance at the end of this episode was amazing as well; I really felt for him when he was talking to Catherine near the end of the episode and again when he was killing off Jeremy. Overall they both gave the most amazing performance I have seen from them and I love them for it, they made this episode.
3)      Music okay so is it just me or has the music gotten ten times better in this episode, I loved every single piece of music and they all fit the scenes really well. I especially liked the bit with Tyler and his uncle that was just amazing. 



Other music you may want to check out:
"Out Of Our Hands" by Gemma Hayes
"How To Save A Life" by Piano Tribute Players
"Breakeven" by Piano Tribute Players
"Wonderful Life" by Hurts
"The River Has Run Wild" by Mads Langer
"Come Home" by OneRepublic and Sara Bareilles
4)      Tyler, okay so I was a bit unsure about this whole werewolf thing in the beginning especially when I saw that there was witches wandering around as well, but now I think that this could get very interesting, this actor has also got a hell of a lot better and for that I am very grateful, because at the start of the first season he was so bad in nearly all his scenes that I almost had to fast-forward.
5)      Jeremy, so I have really liked this character quite a lot and he seemed to be a bit of a wild ball, you never quite knew what he was going to do but now he is even better because he is a vampire! Yay! We all knew that this was going to happen at the end of last season but it is good to see it finally happen and I love that it was Damon who did it in the end because that adds a bit of a twist to things, after someone has killed you, you have to have some kind of a bond, so that is going to be interesting. But he is not the only newly born vampire who is going to be knocking around, Caroline was killed off at the end of this episode with Damon’s blood in her system so that should be interesting, maybe Matt won’t be so far in the dark anymore. (I feel kind of bad for him) What about her mother as well, that will be interesting.
6)      And to the main and final thing I think that although I have already talked about Nina, I need to talk a little bit about Catherine specifically, her relationship to everyone else in this story is amazing, she alone is going to make things very interesting, I cannot believe that the first thing she tried to do though was to talk to Damon and to try and kill off John Gilbert. She is going to twist everything around and just generally make life so much more interesting. Mostly with Damon, now that she has told him he was never the one she was interested in, she has set him into a tailspin and I’m thinking that Elena is the only one who can save him- that should make for an interesting time.
Best quotes
  • Damon: (referring to using his blood to help heal Caroline) If I do this, you and me, call a truce?
    Bonnie: No. But you'll do it anyway...for Elena.
  • Katherine: You want to know why I'm here, Stefan? I came back for you.
    Stefan: The problem, Katherine, is that I hate you.
    Katherine: (picks up a candelabrum nearby and stabs Stefan in the stomach) You hate me, huh? That sounds like the beginning of a love story, Stefan, not the end of one.
  • Caroline: Elena?
    Katherine: Hi, Caroline.
    Caroline: What are you doing here?
    Katherine: My name is Katherine. I was hoping you could give the Salvatore brothers a message for me.
    Caroline: What are you talking about? What message?
    Katherine: Game on.
  • Stefan: It's Katherine. She got under his skin. She undid everything that was good about him.
    Elena: There is nothing good about him. Stefan, not anymore. He's decide what he wants. He doesn't want to feel, he wants to be hated, it's just easier that way. He got his wish. I hate him, Stefan.
  • Elena: Katherine was in this house; that means that she's been invited in. What are we gonna do?
    Damon: Move.

All in all it was an amazing start to the season and has left me wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always please comment, suggest, ask...