Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 October 2010

Veronica Mars



Now I think it is such a shame that it took 3 seasons and a cancellation before this show finally made it over to the UK. I have seen this show nearly 5 times and I still love it! If you have not gotten into it yet I would greatly recommend you check it out, E4 at 8 am or 12.10pm every day. This is a little homemade video I found on YouTube and I thought it really captured the show so please check it out. Credit where credit is due.


I thought now was the perfect time to write this post as they showed my favourite episode very early this morning at about 2am, why the weird time? Well as the voice over guy said beforehand, this is not suitable for daytime viewing. The episode is called A Trip to the Dentist and if you have seen it before, you will understand why they couldn’t show it at 8am.
Let me give you a little recap/ Introduction as to what this show is all about:
This is a series based around a girl called; yes you guessed it, Veronica Mars, her friend and family, dead, alive or missing. Veronica goes to a normal, if abnormally diverse high school in Neptune. She is one of the poorer students who used to get to hang out with the popular kids until her best friend was murdered and Veronica’s dad (the sheriff) tried to pin the murder on Lily’s (the best friend) family. Unfortunately he was the only one who thought this was the case and so he was thrown out of office to become a private detective. Veronica was shunned by her former friends and boyfriend and became a bit of a loner. Veronica takes after her dad and is quite a detective herself so in between solving other classmate’s problems she is also trying to track down Lily’s killer, believing the man incarcerated for the crime innocent.
Now it is not just the plotline which makes this show great, the characters are all well rounded and seem genuine, the banter is excellent and the sparks actually fly every time Veronica (Kristen Bell) and Logan (Jason Dohring) are on screen together.

And the soundtrack is pretty awesome as well:


So then best clips? Well there are so many, but here are a few of my favourites:

Now we knew Kirsten was talented but this was just excellent:

Now this is the scene which makes me love tthis episode so much, they are both amazing actors and i really want to see Duncan (Teddy Dunn) in something as excellent as this again:

I love this scene because it just shows how veronica and Logan are meant to be together even when they are not: “its the sweater isn’t it?” lol

I love this clip, the first kiss is always the best:


And some cool quotes:
Fire Chief: [about Veronica] Well, if it isn't Smokey the Barely Legal.

Veronica: You know what they say about Veronica Mars: she's a marshmallow.

Ms. Dent: Can I help you with something?
Veronica: Uh, yeah. The counselor stuck me in here. [Ms. Dent walks over to take informational papers from her] She says I'm disconnected and passionless.
Caitlin: Ms. Dent?
Ms. Dent: Caitlin?
Caitlin: I'm gonna go down to the gym to talk to people for the student poll.
Ms. Dent: Be back by the end of the period. And remember that we're a multicultural school with a diverse population of students from a wide range of socio-economic backgrounds.
Caitlin: Meaning?
Ms. Dent: Meaning don't just interview your friends.
(Yes this is the bit with Paris Hilton in oh dear in indeed)

Keith: Have you been playing nice with the other children?
Veronica: You know Dad, I'm old school, an eye for an eye.
Keith: I think that's actually Old Testament.

[Veronica arrives home from a date.]
Veronica: So, what did you think of him?
Keith: Oh, hey, you're home early.
Veronica: Oh, hey, did you run his license plate or did you get fingerprints?
Keith: I'm sorry, honey, what?
Veronica: You know you're not fooling me.
Keith: Okay. Veronica, I have no idea what you're talking about. [Veronica scoffs and starts to go to her room] Oh, hey, I forgot to tell you. If he's gonna be kissing my daughter on my porch for eight-and-a-half minutes, I'll need to meet him. Sweet dreams, honey.
Veronica: Is that really necessary?
Keith: He's taking up a lot of daddy/daughter time.

Veronica: [to Troy] Dude, where's your car?
Clemmons: Mr. Echolls, I was wondering if I could have a word?
Logan: "Anthropomorphic." All yours, big guy.
Clemmons: Oh. [fake laugh] Your father has generously offered to donate a pair of boots for our school fundraising auction.
Logan: Not the ones made for walking? God, I love those boots.

Weevil: Sometimes the girls get put off by this old motorcycle jacket thing. Do you think something in suede might make me seem more... accessible?
Veronica: [in jail] Know any good lawyers?
Cliff: Very cute. I know an adequate one that just posted your $500 bail.
Veronica: They take Diner's Club here?

Lamb: [reading off of a $50 bill] Veronica Mars is... smarter than me.
Veronica: [slaps Lamb playfully] Oh, you stop it!

Jake: You are having sex with my daughter?
Weevil: Not right now.

Duncan: So, anyone read the paper today? Garfield - I mean, will he ever learn? Oh yeah, and there was this other thing: I guess Abel Koontz didn't kill Lilly. Let's open the floor for discussion on that one.


So yeah they were pretty awesome but what has become of them now?

Veronica Mars (Kristen Bell): she has been quite successful since then but I still think she was best in Gracie’s choice. She was also pretty awesome in Forgetting Sarah Marshall and I am particularly looking forward to seeing her in Burlesque. Another of my favourites is hearing her every week on Gossip Girl.

Logan (Jason Dohring): he has been nowhere near as successful and i don’t understand why, i always loved him in VM but unfortunately all he seems to have done is a few guest appearances in bad TV shows. He has been in Moonlight another TV show for quite a few episodes but unfortunately it is not airing anywhere near me so I can’t comment.

Wallace (Percy Daggs III): He hasn’t been in anything interesting either it is quite a disappointment to me as i loved him but he seems hard to come by nowadays.

Weevil (Francis Capra):he has had many different walk on TV roles which he was really good in but nothing major, there have been a few TV movies but nothing that I HAVE to go and see.

Keith (Enrico Colantoni): Now he has been quite successful, i have seen him in quite a few TV programmes and he has a new film lined up for release early next year

Duncan (Teddy Dunn): He has been in a few films and TV shows nothing terribly exciting but i do still want to have a look at Jumper his 2008 film but i haven’t had the time. Is it any good?

Lily (Amanda Seyfried): now she has been very successful since VM, landing the lead in the smash hit Mamma Mia but that is not all she has had a long standing role in the TV hit Big Love and a few other blockbuster movies, pretty good ones as well.

Jemzxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always please comment, suggest, ask...